Used Car Finance Specialists
Used Car Finance Explained
Taking out car finance to fund your next used car has never been a more popular choice. Financing a used car from Motor City Plymouth means you don't have to pay the entire cost of the vehicle in full before you drive it off our forecourt.
How does used car finance from Motor City Plymouth work?
Once you have test driven the car and had your finance application accepted by one of the many finance provider we work with, the lender purchases the vehicle from Motor City Plymouth on your behalf, then you repay the amount borrowed with interest to the finance lender. So instead of paying the full amount upfront, you can choose to pay monthly, which helps you spread the cost of a used vehicle – up to 5 years.
There are different types of finance products available to suit your personal circumstances and each work slightly differently. At Motor City Plymouth, we have a sales team who are specially trained in used car finance. We believe it is our duty as a responsible used car dealer to ensure every customer has an in-depth understanding of the various finance products available to them prior to any agreement being taken out on our cars.
Once you have decided on an affordable deposit and monthly repayment to fit your budget, the finance specialists at Motor City Plymouth will talk you through each available finance product to you, including Hire Purchase, Personal Contract Purchase and Lease Purchase. By working with your budget and other requirements, we will work together to find the best finance solution for your circumstances.
No deposit? No worries! Motor City Plymouth are more than happy to arrange used car finance with no upfront payment. Selected lenders also offer a Buy Now, Pay Later plans – meaning you can enjoy a 2 month payment holiday at the start of your agreement. This finance offer is ideal for customers who may be approaching an expensive time of year but still need to get behind the wheel of their next car quickly .
Browse our selection of 150+ quality used cars online, on each vehicle listing page you will find a finance calculator where you can adjust your deposit and repayment terms to reach an affordable monthly payment within budget. Motor City Plymouth work with the UK’s top lenders, all specialising in offering competitive used car finance - including used car finance for those with a poor credit history. Each of our lenders offer several finance products with varying rates so check out our Jargon Buster before applying for finance on your dream car.
Alternatively, you can always reach us on (01752) 344 414 to discuss the options with the finance experts at Motor City Plymouth.
Car finance options to consider
If you are looking to finance your next vehicle, there are two main finance options for you to consider: Hire Purchase and Personal Contract Purchase. Please view our videos below to see which one best suits your requirements.
Am I eligible to apply?
Anyone can apply for car finance from Motor City Plymouth - provided that:
- You are 18 years of age or over
- You hold a valid UK provisional or full driving license
- You must have fully comprehensive insurance
- You must be the registered keeper of the vehicle and keep it in your possession for the term of the agreement. You cannot obtain motor finance in your name for someone else
- You have been a resident of the UK for over 3 years
- Are currently in employment and earning in excess of £850 per month after tax
Top 10 reasons to apply for used car finance with Motor City Plymouth
Why finance your next car? Here are our top 10 reasons why applying for car finance with Motor City Plymouth is different:
- Secure way to fund your next vehicle
- Receive preferential rates from more than thirty trusted lenders
- Access to exclusive discount shopping (MotoNovo customers only)
- Tailored finance packages
- HP, PCP and Lease Purchase options
- Low payment plans with no deposit available
- Competitive fixed interest rates
- Simple 2-minute online application
- Free credit eligibility check online
- Help for those with poor credit history